SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Pictures of your set up

Viv

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love it - happily track at x200 with no vibration or backlash, all parts of the sky are equally easy to view and you just twist it round to get the eyepiece to a comfortable position. Best of all though, the Zambutto mirror....well, you forget you're looking through a reflector. I actually don't miss my TV85 and might, just might, keep this for a long time....although tempted to know what a new 12.5" costs!

I think im pretty settled here. and best of all its working.

Its going to be an interestign debate which mount i stick with when the AP900 is back in action, as this EM-400 is working great.

post-6688-0-51875800-1420122133_thumb.jp

post-6688-0-41676100-1420123041_thumb.jp

+1 for mount hub pro, it simplified my cable clutter to one power cable and one USB uplink cable.

It is not that difficult to make your own - all the modules (focus, USB over Cat5, hubs, dew heater and power conversion) are attached inside with Velcro, fused and fully customizable. The only cable running external to the Paramount and its Versaplate is the dew heater cable, to avoid any chance of interference. The box is an audio projects box off eBay. No metalwork required. It makes my setup a breeze, just 20 minutes including alignment to the beginning of the first exposure.

post-16414-0-31992100-1420145875_thumb.j

post-16414-0-86101700-1420146060_thumb.j

I think im pretty settled here. and best of all its working.

Its going to be an interestign debate which mount i stick with when the AP900 is back in action, as this EM-400 is working great.

that EM400 is a treat! 

heres my new baby 16" F4.5 DOB with feather touch & Sips :D

That's a goliath, Daniel! My back went out this morning and it's making me hurt to look at the size of that dob, but it must be an excellent view through that! I need to get out to one of those dob-fests to see how the other half are living! Clear skies!

I took this shot back in the Summer; I have since bought a leisure battery so that I get more than an hour and a halfs                                                                                                                                                                                                                         viewing without it all packing up; the Skywatcher power unit does just the Dew heater tape!! 

post-33714-0-79853200-1420226357_thumb.j

Today has been a balancing act for me. This was not at all easy on my Dec is a touch out but for the life of me i cant get it any better.

I want to swap out the SCT or my RC as and when.... this might be interesting.

As the moon is out its a luna night tonight so the SCT is on.

post-6688-0-10903300-1420300402_thumb.jp

I like it - that whole setup probably weighs less than one of my counterweights. I'm really intrigued - does the ball and socket come with the mount?

No it doesn't, I had one. It's a cheap and nasty one from Jessops :(.... I know... shame on me.....

I will buy a proper one soon :)

• 1 year later...

Archived