SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Pictures of your set up

Viv

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I cant compete with the setups in this thread but I shall share an image of my telescope setup which is very grab and go.

Its a Skywatcher Equinox 80 APO Pro telescope mounted to a LP41 Kirk lens plate attached to a Wimberley sidekick Gimbal head.

This all sits upon a heavy duty (20kg capacity) photo tripod with heavy duty ball head.

It is surprising stable considering that it is thrown together with parts from my photography kit bag.

Mark

Mark that looks really really good for grab and go, epecially with our terrible conditions atm. You won't get much better viewing optically either. I guess we all wish we could afford the larger scopes in that series!

Mark that looks really really good for grab and go, epecially with our terrible conditions atm. You won't get much better viewing optically either. I guess we all wish we could afford the larger scopes in that series!

Thanks Adam, I cant fault it to be honest. magnification wise its great upto 167x with the 3mm setting on the Nagler Zoom. The views are stunning for its aperture size. Even gave the 8 inch newts a run for their money at the local society meet.

I would love to lay my hands upon a 4 or 5 inch APO refractor but that's not going to happen any time soon, as much as I keep praying to the telescope Gods ;)

Here's my rig on my backgarden pier. The light streak is me walking past during the long exposure to set the flash off in the shed.

5784054780_0805af9e4d_b.jpg

Very nice setup. I also love this photo, the colours in it are fantastic, it is kind of surreal looking.

Very nice setup. I also love this photo, the colours in it are fantastic, it is kind of surreal looking.

Yes the lighting was achieved in a very technical manner - I took a 30 sec exposure and my neighbour just happened to switch on his bathroom light!

Here's my new setup William Optics FLT98 carbon fibre on a Vixen Porta II mount with a Skywatcher Nirvana 28mm in the focuser. Not had first light yet.

that looks like a quality set up and very portable looking ;)

you must be happy with it Chris

Holy schnike!

I am WAY out of my league here on this thread.

I know the term “amateur astronomy” references it being a hobby……..from what I see, some smaller countries national observatories’ can be put to shame.:D

I am seeing green and black eyepieces worth 3 or 4, probably more, than my entire kit (and caboodle).

I am jealous, frustrated, depressed and envious all at once while viewing this tread.

A truly amazing display of set-ups!!!:)

For those who enjoy slumming, here is my "kit"; luckily I already owned a power pack and compass…..;)

post-27350-133877622195_thumb.jpg

post-27350-1338776222_thumb.jpg

post-27350-133877622205_thumb.jpg

My initial plan for this hobby was:

Research.

Spend a little.

Take Lots of Pictures.

In practice it is:

repeat {

Research.

Spend A LOT.

Tinker.

Look at Clouds.

} forever.

Observant viewers may notice something missing, on backorder with FLO.

Equip_Jun_2011.gif

that looks like a quality set up and very portable looking ;)

you must be happy with it Chris

That's the intention the other scope is a 10" Dob which despite it's size is still grab n go because I only have to move it 8ft from my shed to my garden but it's a bit cumbersome to move about in the car so I'm going to try the frac and see how it goes.

5828125667_b41895ea94_z.jpg

5844302899_fc96b212c1_z.jpg

Here's my new set up.

300mm F/5 Flexiauto, and eye pieces up to now. I've made a light shield and shroud, once the weather allows I'll take a shot of it, in use.

Excellent thread amd some awesome pieces of kit on show here guys.

Eddie

Yes, well spotted, 4 weeks delivery, still perhaps the clouds will get bored by then.

Its funny your setup is pretty much what I am aiming for down the line.

equinox 80, 7D, Baader Hyperion Zoom, skywatcher field flattener, WO diagonal all got.

Just need a new house so I can build the obsy for the pier mounted NEQ6 ;)

Archived