Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pictures of your set up

Viv

Guys - I think we're all bored with the light nights & too much cloud recenlty.

So yesterday, I put my set up together in the lounge, included a couple of new items, so far pleased (just need to do something about my mount). Also think i'll add some sort of bar on the top of the guide scope, to lightly wrap the camera neck strap around - just for a bit of peace of mind.

Come on - lets see pictures of your set up.

Here is mine :

DSC02147.jpg

DSC02148.jpg

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that really an Eq5? It looks quite sturdy, just wondered.

Adam - yes it's the standard EQ5 - the motors are driving me potty, completely ok for viewing, but that's about it.

I like your eyepeice shelf - nice one.

Yes, what a good idea, lets show off all are kit, here is my setup, the picture's a few month old, i'm going to get rid of the ETX90, and replace it with a Startravel 102 at the end of the month as a guide scope, the ETX90 is F13.8 and even with a focal reducer i can only get it down to about f8.5, where as the Startravel is only f4.9.

post-19932-133877620677_thumb.jpg

I can't believe how big and well built the EQ5 is. Especially since it doesnt cost that much and you can bu optional extras later on like the motors and goto. I would love to have an ED frac some point in the future, and an EQ5 for that and a coronado pst.

The eyepiece shelf has since come off as I have other more substantial and bigger EP's :)

Si Wi your weights are cool, have you considered the st80 as a guide scope? I have heard good things about it.

John - doh :) - thanks :)

Anyone else notice the amount of pics with a tampoline in the background ?? B) We have one in the garden as well, but the scope picture was taken int he house.

Anyone else notice the amount of pics with a tampoline in the background ?? :)

Yep. There'd be one in mine if I'd taken it outside (but not at the moment as it's chucking it down)

But as I can't compete with some of the apertures in these photos, I would just add that my trampoline is the 10' version :)

Neil

Have you ever fell in the pool on the way back in at night.

I've not fallen in, but I did put my foot in it by accident when polar aligning my EQ3-2 :) It was the day (night) the boss set the pool up for this year and it was only about 1/4 full as the hose was still running at the time.

I still think she put it there on purpose :)...but I can't prove it B)

Have you ever fell in the pool on the way back in at night.

No, but I've fallen into our Guinea Pig run a few times :)

Here are my current scopes (I'm a fan of alt-azimuth mounts :)):

post-12764-133877620744_thumb.jpg

post-12764-13387762075_thumb.jpg

Some lovely rigs here.

Here's mine. It's a little different now as I have a triplet to go in place of the ST80 (which I sold). Although with the triplet carry on I've got another ST80 on the way while I wait. Also new rings coming.

I'll update when it all arrives.

post-21451-133877620772_thumb.jpg

Archived