Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bored

Adamski

Ok, i understand that you can't predict the weather accurately but surely the law of averages would at least give 1 clear night out of the last month, but no, here i am still twiddling my thumbs trying to think of what to write on the forum. This is the price you pay for living on the cloud making region known as Dartmoor.:)

But you do have the advantage of living in one of the most beautiful parts of Britian. Having studied down in Plymouth many moons ago I would now give my right arm (as long as I can operate the goto with my left!) to live on Dartmoor.

To be fair, if we're going to have weather like this, its the best time of year for it. I find I can't stay up late enough even when it's clear.

That's a very point mate, but the chance to occasionally observe would be nice.

I have mornings off work this week so theoretically i could be out observing a bit later. But no, nothing but cloud and rain is predicted for the next few days.

Just saw the 08:30 news - Tuesday morning at 5am, the north of England is entirely covered by rain.

Astro Pane is no better, showing very heavy rain all day Wednesday as well.

It's very light at night, but not even being able to do any white light solar observing is frustrating.

Alan

We got a small window of opportunity last night and i took it. A whole 10mins of Saturn before the sky clouded out again.

Probably best to not look at the long range forecast on Metoffice. They give this lasting the whole of July as well. Does anyone remember way back in 2005 when they predicted we would only see scorching hot summers and mild winters. Six summers later and all we've had since is below average temps, above average rainfull and a bit of warm weather in the Spring. Plus two of the coldest winters on record.

I'v had my new scope for over a week now sooooo frustrating I must be cursed :)

hehe you want to try 5 months :)

The autumn/winter of 2004/2005 was so bad that i used (briefly) the scope at Kelling Sept 20th 2004 and couldn't use it again until Feb 2005.

What we should be doing is emulating Psychobilly and getting an eye for some terrestrial imaging. He takes some beautiful macro images.

Alan

Yeah this time of the year I pretty much accept the fact that astronomy is nearly impossible.

This time of the year however is just perfect to get out into the great outdoors and photograph our amazing country :)

Dont wish the summer away :)

Ok, i understand that you can't predict the weather accurately but surely the law of averages would at least give 1 clear night out of the last month, but no, here i am still twiddling my thumbs trying to think of what to write on the forum. This is the price you pay for living on the cloud making region known as Dartmoor.:)

visited cumbria recently!!!!

To be fair, if we're going to have weather like this, its the best time of year for it. I find I can't stay up late enough even when it's clear.

this is the only place in the world you'll read this! ;)

Archived