Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bresser 8x56 for £49.99 at Lidl - are they worth it?

Hi,

Just noticed Bresser 8x56 bins in Lidl for 50 quid. I'm looking for something that will be an improvement on my £8 10x50 "Leisure Binoculars" that I got for £8 in Morrisons a few years ago.

I've noticed that they have been on sale before a few years ago for £80. Has anyone used them? Are they worth it for £50?

LIDL

Thanks.

I didn't notice the actual model name but looking at pictures on the net I think they looked a bit like Bresser 8x56 Spezial Jagd, however they really are a bargain if they are.

Are Bresser's a decent brand? Would I be able to see fainter objects with a slightly larger FOV than I would get with my no name cheapo 10x50's?

My main targets would be the large clusters and objects, tracking the ISS and having a quick view of the moon without setting up my scope.

I didn't notice the actual model name but looking at pictures on the net I think they are Bresser Diorit's.

Thanks The Darkest Star, :) the pictures on the net might not be the same ones available at Lidl. If they are the 8x56 'Diorit' though, then they are even more of a bargain, because they are over £200..:) !

Bresser Diorit 8x56 Roof Prism Binocular Microglobe London

Will do. They will probably be used terrestial for the moment. I'm at 56 deg north and it isn't even dark at night now. Also very cloudy today.

Anyway, I'll let you guys know how I get on. I didn't intend to buy any astro kit until August but couldn't resist a bargain like this one. :-)

Just back from Lidl's. Looks like there are Bresser Diorit's. I think I have a bargain. There is one left at my nearest Lidl in East Lothian.

So it was you who got the last pair!!...

Hows the terrestrial viewing going... hope they're waterproof.. ;)

Archived