Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

C9.25 On A Giro3?

Has anyone used a C9.25 on a Giro3 for visual use? If so was it a good experience?

My Giro3 sits on a Berlebach UNI 18 tripod (load capacity of 55KG). I currently use this setup with a 100mm refractor that fully loaded weighs in at around 7.5KG, I also have a 5KG counterweight on the other arm. This setup works really well for me and the eyepieces I use for high power work (orthoscopics or a TV zoom) give a TFOV of around 0.25 degrees. I find this OK when nudging the scope along and I realise that if I was to use a C9.25 that I would need to buy eyepieces with a larger AFOV to keep the same TFOV at a higher magnification. My main concern is that with a C9.25 and more counterweight then I will be getting up towards the 18KG load capacity of the Giro and was wondering if it would still be so smooth to nudge along?

Thanks

AL

Archived