Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Zoom eyepiece threads

Hi all. I recently bought a Skywatcher 7-21mm zoom eyepiece. If you remove the rubber eyecup there is a thread under it. Now this is a 38mm thread and not a T thread or M42 thread. Does anyone know of an adaptor that screws on here so that I can attach a DSLR T adaptor like a step up ring. Failing that maybe a ring that can replace the removable T ring on my camera adaptor and replace it with one that has a 38mm female thread?

Any help is appreciated.

Keith

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have the same eyepiece as you and the same problem :) I am looking about for a similar thing but for a Panasonic lumix DMC-TZ7 the lens fits nice and snug in the rubber but really needs a metal adaptor to screw on the eyepiece with three angled screws to hold the camera lens still. I keep you posted on any findings :eek: in the mean time if anybody else has an idea let us know :)

I got a step up ring from FLO for the Baader Hyperion Zoom so I could attach a camera T-ring to the eyepiece. I'm sure SW do a similar adaptor ring but not sure about the Panasonic. Give FLO a call, I'm sure they'll have a solution or will be able to tell you where you can get one :)

Thanks may do cheers brantuk But I found some correct size tubing at work that fits my camrea perfectly just needs modding and inner thred tapping I post results when its finished

"keithmrris" I found this for you and I believe this would work :)

http://www.365astronomy.com/baader-varilock-29-lockable-t2-extension-tube-p-1851.html

Regards,

Dan.

Archived