SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WSAAG? (Western Sydney Amateur Astronomy Group)

Stargazer Jack

Hello, I am going to Australia in a few months for a bit and will be in the Blue Mountains for a while and was hoping to look through a telescope as I only have my binoculars. I have tried to contact them via e-mail but haven't had a reply and was wondering if there is another way or someone on here who could speak to them. Thanks in advance :)

Site looks up to date so still active.

When did you email?

If today and hoping for an immediate answer they could have been asleep, also when is holiday time in Aus? The person you picked could be on a 2 or 3 week break looking up ancestors in the UK.

They seem to meet at Linden Obs every 2 weeks so you could turn up there. They do state that with or without a scope all are welcome and they usually are.

The other option is if in Sydney they see if your time coincides with a meeting at the club there and go along.

Could try looking at this site:

Australian Amateur Astronomy - IceInSpace

It is a Australian Astro site.

Perhaps a post on it may get a response.

Maybe email any others from the club if you have a list of members.

Otherwise just get what information you can and drop in when over there.

Could you check with the observatory mentioned? They may respond and give information or a better contact.

Archived