SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

.mov to .avi convertors?

Drakester

Hello,

I use Adobe Premiere Elements 8 to convert the .mov from my 7D to other formats for internet use.

Not sure if there are any freebee software for converting them

On a side note I thought there were issues in using the .mov files from digital SLRs for stacking in registax due to the compression methods used by Canon.

I maybe wrong but I did read something along these lines.

Maybe someone with a lot more experience can chip in :)

On a side note I thought there were issues in using the .mov files from digital SLRs for stacking in registax due to the compression methods used by Canon.

Yep, this is why I use EOSMovieRecord, but it requires a PC or laptop to record onto. Also, using a dSLR at it's native resolution for planetary work is a no-go, as the target quite often only occupies a tiny part of the frame, and on a 15 - 18 mp camera, that's an enormous amount of empty, wasted screen-space, unless you're working at f92 on a 16"RC or something, where you're probably using £10,000-worth of CCD anyway. :)

Virtualdub is a good piece of software for converting files.

Agreed, I use it to make time-lapse AVIs from the thousands of single frames required. Dead easy to use, and fast.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi All,

My camera only outputs video in the .mov format.

Can any of you recommend some good conversion software to convert to .avi so I can stack in registax?

Cheers.

Use "Any Video Converter" - its freeware and it works

regards

Tony

• 1 month later...

Archived