1825338873_SNRPN2021banner.jpg.68bf12c7791f26559c66cf7bce79fe3d.jpg

I need of some monthly sky events lists

Hypernova

This is rather urgent, I have been tasked by my local astro society to come with a presentation about what's up in the sky over summer. Not a difficult task at first glance, June was easy because of the large amount of current guides available ATM. The problem is that no-one has made up a guide for July and August and all I can think to fill these months are the Shuttle launch on 8th of July and the Perseids on 12th August.

A pointer to any site that may have some good up to date info would be much appreciated, as would any suggestion to add to my presentation :)

This is quite urgent as I have been lazy and left it to the last minute AGAIN :) I have 5 or 6 slides to finish by 12 midnight tonight!

Again ny help would be great.

Tom, How about these...?

July 1 - New Moon. The Moon will be directly between the Earth and the Sun and will not be visible from Earth. This phase occurs at 08:54 UTC

July 1 - Partial Solar Eclipse. This partial eclipse will only be visible off the coast of Antarctica

July 15 - Full Moon. The Moon will be directly opposite the Earth from the Sun and will be fully illuminated as seen from Earth. This phase occurs at 06:40 UTC. This moon has also been known as the Full Thunder Moon and the Full Hay Moon

July 28, 29 - Southern Delta Aquarids Meteor Shower. The Delta Aquarids can produce about 20 meteors per hour at their peak. The shower usually peaks on July 28 & 29, but some meteors can also be seen from July 18 - August 18. The radiant point for this shower will be in the constellation Aquarius. This year the thin, crescent moon will be hanging around for the show, but it shouldn’t cause too many problems. Best viewing is usually to the east after midnight from a dark location

July 30 - New Moon. The Moon will be directly between the Earth and the Sun and will not be visible from Earth. This phase occurs at 18:40 UTC

:)

Edited by Telrad

...August:

August 12, 13 - Perseids Meteor Shower. The Perseids is one of the best meteor showers to observe, producing up to 60 meteors per hour at their peak. The shower's peak usually occurs on August 13 & 14, but you may be able to see some meteors any time from July 23 - August 22. The radiant point for this shower will be in the constellation Perseus. The full moon will definitely be a problem this year, hiding the fainter meteors with its glare. But with up to 60 meteors per hour possible, it could still be a great show. Find a location far from city lights and look to the northeast after midnight.

August 13 - Full Moon. The Moon will be directly opposite the Earth from the Sun and will be fully illuminated as seen from Earth. This phase occurs at 18:57 UTC. This moon has also been known as the Green Corn Moon and the Grain Moon.

August 11 - Neptune at Opposition. The blue planet will be at its closest approach to Earth and its face will be fully illuminated by the Sun. This is the best time to view Neptune. Due to its distance, it will only appear as a tiny blue dot in all but the most powerful telescopes.

August 29 - New Moon. The Moon will be directly between the Earth and the Sun and will not be visible from Earth. This phase occurs at 03:04 UTC.

Tom, Let me know if these will suffice for July and August ?

- as above, if not PM me..:)

Edited by Telrad