Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NOT LOOKING GOOD FOR TO-NIGHTS ECLIPSE

robbie c

Hi its not looking good in the south east got very thick cloud don't think I'm going to be seeing much to-night had my scope a week now is there some kind of cloud god who's put a curse on me :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi its not looking good in the south east got very thick cloud don't think I'm going to be seeing much to-night had my scope a week now is there some kind of cloud god who's put a curse on me :)

Robbie,

I hope that the 'Cloud God' shows some mercy- the projected forecast is not looking too promising here either! :)

Yeah do not worry - every scope comes with free cloud! :)

You'll get your chance... Don't forget to look for the eclipse tonight (from 21:10 in the SE) if you get some breaks in the cloud.

Ant

The BBC are stating that the West Midlands might have broken clouds at 10pm and Weatherpro seems to concur.

If I'm lucky enough to see anything from the Clent Hills tonight I'll be sure to post a photo. I suspect I'll be huddled under an umbrella cursing the weather gods though...

I dont think I can be bothered risking driving much further "west" to catch it.. I had planned to head for the Gower but it looks like you need to be down towards Tenby or perhaps even further west...

The cloud broke a few times for the last one I saw a few years ago so I have some Red moon eclipse pics...

Peter...

cloud is breaking up where i am dudley west mids we got blue sky

Oh there is hope for me further west then!

Just out of interest what focal length will people be shooting the luanr eclipse at? I was thinking 1000mm @ f/12 i.e my ED80 with 2x extender using my Canon 7D for imaging.

For some reason I done a run forward on Stellarium and from what I can see it shows the start of the eclipse below the horizon and end just above, maybe even without cloud I may not even see it :).

Jim

It rises as an eclipse in the UK but you should get at least half an hour in the umbra stage where it is above the horizon.

The moon only reaches 13 degree elevation even at its maximum this evening so its always going to be low :)

Archived