Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Don't wait to replace those standard eyepieces!

StevieDvd

when someone asks for advice what other option do you have ? You can only offer advice on your own personal experiences and leave it down to the person asking if they wish to take it or not.

I wasn't intending to criticize those who give advice when asked (as you say that is all you can do), but trying to express a vague regret that so many new comers seem to be under the impression that there is a 'one size fits all' solution to the 'which eyepiece should I buy?' question. How many threads have we all seen along these lines?

I speak as someone who spent a fortune on eyepieces in my early days (mostly bought second hand from SGL!) and most of them have now passed on to other hands. True, it was in that spending spree that I got my first Pentax and discovered how much I liked it. But I have a feeling I could have saved that fortune had I been willing to wait until I had tried out various eyepieces before I had parted with the cash.

Hence my (fairly strong) views on 'try before you buy'.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, recently had opportunity to try the BST ED explorers v TMB type clones. Kept the 8mm BST ED, for the money a cracking ep, also as some have mentioned Alan at Skies the limited let me have them on a try and buy basis.

Archived