Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Probably the best Time Lapse video I've seen..

bus_ter

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great vid - love that song, years since I heard it - tempted to download it from itunes, but I`ll just end up playing it to death and it`ll end up on the `bored with` pile.. Thanks for sharing.

hello stargazers,

this is christoph malin from Austria. I have done this video.... I am new to this forum, and it looks like a fine community!

thanks for sharing... this video was a spin-off and actually not planned like it is out now.... but it turned out fine, anyway. I am very happy and overwhelmed about the broad acceptance it has got, and the really really great feedback from everywhere. this keeps me motivated to do a new video. it is so much work besides my regular work, but I really enjoy being out there just watching the milky way, imagine it moving.

but who am I telling this :)

Pete at Nikonrumours.com has invited me to do a little kind of "Making of" article, and it turned out well. You may want to check that out.

so for now I wish everyone clear skies!

Christoph Malin

PS: yesterday here in western austria there were big huge clouds in front of the moon... no chance to see anything... clouds finally disappeared at about 01:30, just when it was over... sigh!

PS2: I am not a native english speaker... but I always liked "Black Hole Sun" as a song itself. I often tried hard to understand that text when we were listening a lot to grunge in the 90ies..., then I forgot about it... So for you all, is it really a song about a cup of coffee??

yes that is an amazing video but if you want to see the best 10 time lapse videos on the net then this is the link!!

Ten Amazing Timelapse Videos | TDG - Science, Magick, Myth and History

check it out, the first 4 are similar to the one you posted!!

hope you enjoy,

dave.

Great link dodge, thanks :)

got to admit that Malins work is up there with them too. Makes you realise how insignificant we are..Humbling.

Glen

Wow,

thanks for that compilation! I did know Tom's (TimeScapes) Video and of course Terjes (he set benchmarks by being on the right place at the right time), but the last one with the NASA thingy is in my humble opinion really really cool. Seems that this was one of the very first videos?

I personally have a Time Lapse Hero and it is Bernd Proeschold from Germany... He does not only the best and most perfect Day-Night-Day Transitions but he travels the world a lot and just lives from TL productions and his footage has been on BBC and NAT GEO, Discovery etc a couple of times the past years.

Day-Night-Day-Transitions are the HOLY GRAIL in TL photography.

See a original Proeschold :) example here from Roque de los Muchachos, La Palma, there is NO flickering - perfect.

http://www.twanight.org/newtwan/photos.asp?ID=3003102&Sort=Photographer

And - although it is German - this TV story shows how Bernd Works (same style that I do)

http://www.wdr.de/tv/quarks/sendungsbeitraege/2010/0323/006_wolken.jsp

Just watch the TL at the end of the feature, I had tears in my eyes when I first saw this, made from Wendelstein Mountain, Germany.

Back to my Vid B)

Maybe the really nice review of Victoria from National Geographic brings some more light why I did the video the way it is:

http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2011/05/26/new-mountain-timelapse-a-soundgarden-of-night-lights/

The situation is that I don't have any deserts to film at hand, but some dark mountain valleys left over from light pollution. so I tried to make the best out of that... Because the next place we can go here from Europe is either the Canaries (in this case I'd even prefer La Palma before Teide because I love that little Island, been there 12 times since 2006), or further down to Chile and the like :eek:, but then it get's really expensive.

When the photography season is getting slower (my normal business) and next winter comes, I am out again more on some beautiful world heritage places :mad: in the alps. right now I can only take footage in between client works when I am already up a mountain, and sometimes man needs to sleep :)

Wow,

thanks for that compilation! I did know Tom's (TimeScapes) Video and of course Terjes (he set benchmarks by being on the right place at the right time), but the last one with the NASA thingy is in my humble opinion really really cool. Seems that this was one of the very first videos?

I personally have a Time Lapse Hero and it is Bernd Proeschold from Germany... He does not only the best and most perfect Day-Night-Day Transitions but he travels the world a lot and just lives from TL productions and his footage has been on BBC and NAT GEO, Discovery etc a couple of times the past years.

Day-Night-Day-Transitions are the HOLY GRAIL in TL photography.

See a original Proeschold :) example here from Roque de los Muchachos, La Palma, there is NO flickering - perfect.

"Above the Clouds in La Palma" by Bernd Proschold (TWAN)

And - although it is German - this TV story shows how Bernd Works (same style that I do)

Der schönste Nebel der Welt - Quarks & Co - WDR Fernsehen

Just watch the TL at the end of the feature, I had tears in my eyes when I first saw this, made from Wendelstein Mountain, Germany.

wow. bernd proeschold's work is absolutely amazing. i found the making-of really interesting as well. thanks for those links.

i'll drop you a line later today.

regards,

simon

Thanks for the link Buster.

Reminds me of what I could see just by lying on my back on the lawn, 60 years ago; and in Birmingham no less... Not today though!

I think the last time I saw skies like that I was in the middle of the North Atlantic, near St. Kilda.

memrieyzz!

JonJon

Archived