Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from France

Rob Severn

Hi, my name's Rob, I'm an englishman abroad, been lurking for a while now and finally got registered. I live in the french alps and have been looking at the night sky for as long as I can remember. At the moment it's in a very limited way (binos) after the sad loss of my trusty LX, hope to get something a lot more suitable very soon and start posting some images. The skies here are fantastic.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Rob, I'm also an Englishman in the Hautes Alpes (though only just - north of Sisteron) running an astronomy B and B/gite. I wonder how far away you are? You'd be most welcome to visit.

See my signature and/or send me a PM.

Enjoy the sky, it is good here, n'est ce pas?

Olly

Thanks for the kind words of welcome, yes the skies here are great, the view from the garden is good but if I drive for 15 minutes the elevation goes from 500m to 1700m :)

@ Ollypenrice, I'm in Haute Savoie near Annecy but get down south three or four times a year, it would be a pleasure to visit.

Archived