Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

first attempt at Saturn :)

Bumfluff

Hi guys,

Had A great night last night got a few pics of the moon and Saturn, I quickly tried to process these through DSS but after a quick search I found I need to use Registax for planets. I was getting a no stars found error so it wouldn't stack my pics. Anyway, here is a single sub I took, I will have another go at stacking through Registax after work tonight.

The second image is simply a cropped version of the first. I know compared to others on here these images are pretty rubbish. but they're my first so I wanted to share with you all :)

I did take some brighter images but they just seemed too bright. These are darker as I thought I'll take some darker ones and stack them to hopefully get a reasonable image. I'm still a total newbie and I am still playing trial and error with my set-up!..... Happy days :)

Oh and these are NOT the actual subs I took this is a resized image I lifted off my facebook page....

Thanks for reading

Greg

post-26500-133877618476_thumb.jpg

post-26500-13387761848_thumb.jpg

Thanks Cloudwatcher, thats an amazing difference... a fellow photoshopper at work has asked me to ask "what did he do?"

I would also be very interested in your reply :)

Also, are all those stars added or just my original image cleaned up?

Thanks again

Greg

Thanks Cloudwatcher, thats an amazing difference... a fellow photoshopper at work has asked me to ask "what did he do?"

I would also be very interested in your reply :)

Also, are all those stars added or just my original image cleaned up?

Thanks again

Greg

The "stars" show up when you increase the levels although I'm not too sure that they are all true stars,some may be "noise" but whatever,I think they add interest to the image.

As far as the planet is concerned this was isolated and some blurring,contrast and saturation applied.

HTH

Archived