Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Did anybody notice the moon last night?

It went all funny!

We had our neighbours round for a curry (happens a lot!) so when I was told "you'll have to do the telescope thing tomorrow, we've got company" i was a bit :shock:

It turned out that after the eating bit everybody (us, neighbours, our kids, their kids, sulky teenage daughter and her sulky teenage friend) was stood outside in the cold for the better part of two hours. The kids were employed fetching beers out to keep them out of mischief and because the exercise will do them good, and we were gawping up at the moon and lots of stars. "That big fat one near the tree" turned out to have rings around it, I had to explain to those that didn't know that the stars stay more or less where they are all the time and they aren't just placed there at random every night :lol:

A good time was had by all, and some people now have an interest in the stars, and a 200% better understanding of them. I just hope that they don't ask me to do it again next weekend.

Captain Chaos

Yeah, what was it ? I thought Mars was about to hit Earth! Was ready to raid the supermarkets, run to the hills and build a deep shelter :D

Great report CC, always nice to have loads round to watch it.

CC you friends will be asking for scope purchase advice soon

and they'll also be asking about Chromatic Abberation, Drift Polar Alignment and how to build an observatory! :D

Matt :lol:

He didn't have to resort to free beers though Gordon...

Captain Chaos

Weeelll, actually, he depends quite a bit on his fame for transportation, housing etc. Some call it part of his "charm". I call it, um, something else entirely. :lol:

Archived