Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_globular_clusters_winners.thumb.jpg.13b743f39f721323cb5d76f07724c489.jpg

Telrad

Lunar Eclipse: 15th June

It's cleared up. :):hello2::):hello2:

Chicken and Leek pie on hold, beers back in the fridge and I'm going to play with my new camera. Good thing I checed a couple of locations earlier, not the best but it'll do.

The eclipsed part of the Moon is showing very slight red colouration, hopefully we will have a nice dark red total!

All the previous Lunar Eclipses I have viewed have been a let down as regards to colour or they have been clouded out.

Edited by MoonNut
typo

I've been watching on the helideck. It is currently in totality, as are the clouds!.

So, time for a ciggie and a fresh brew. Piccies, some look ok in live view, but we had a fair bit of breeze, so quite possibly a lot of blurred stuff.

I can see the sun between the clouds, oh please please - just a little bit .....

Fantastic! a nice dark red Moon, the best Lunar Eclipse I have ever seen, very chuffed.

Shame my images are not very good....

I've been watching on the helideck. It is currently in totality, as are the clouds!.

Ooops, I think I was mistaken, so much cloud it was hard to tell.

Stars visible above me, but an annoying string of clouds passing across the moon, only allowing occasional glimpses, at the moment.

No chance to train the camera on anything, but I'll not give up!

Edited by yeti monster

THe wind is getting stronger here, making it hard to take pictures and my shed is trying to take off!

OK, it is now at greatest totality and the moon has almost disappeared to the naked eye. Through the scope it has a "ghostly" appearance, very strange....

This isn't even funny any more, this marks the third eclipse I have missed so far due to the UK's rubbish weather :)

21 Dec 2010 Lunar Eclipse - cloud

04 Jan 2011 Partial Solar Eclipse - cloud

15 Jun 2011 Lunar Eclipse - cloud

And even worse, I have family staying in Italy, with clear, dark skies! AARGGHH!

^^^ Yup! It has started to spit, so I've brought my camera in. I'll pop back out and check periodically, but my gut feeling is, it's taters!

Edited by yeti monster

The only thing total I am seeing now and have seen all afternoon in Cambridge is TOTAL CLOUD cover :):)

Edited by StarDome

Just caught a glimpse at 10.40pm with some mini binoculars. The moon was only visible for 10 seconds in a gap in the clouds. Shadow was almost gone but still covering about 20%.

Better than nothing

Nothing in Coventry last night - I went a drive out to a couple of higher ground places - but nothing complete coverage .............