Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dob n DSLR

The Moon has so blown me away of late that I have decided to attempt a pic.My SW 200p Dob was described as having a fitting for DSLR's but there are no guides to how it all goes together.I have acquired a Nikon adapter ring-now,where do I go from here?Do I use my lenses,or the scopes ep,s or neither?what goes on to what and how? Be patient with me- I have had years of photo experience but cannot get my head round hanging a Nikon on a telescope-the bits just don't look right!

good evening i do not have a scope yet but you conect adaptor ring to dslr no lens do u have a tube to go with it if so you then conect to scope minus the e/p and secure in place if you look on u tube for astrophotograthy there is some there to give you idea hope this helps good luck let me now how you get on i cant wait to get my scope.

your adapter should screw into/onto the dslr in place of a lens. from this adapter you will either be able to screw a tube on, which can be placed inside the focuser tube of the telescope in place of an eyepiece - or, instead of a tube, screw on a low profile focuser ring which again sits in the focuser in place of an eyepiece.

If you look at the focuser, the smaller part at the top the 1.25" EPs go into screws off. This leaves a thread. (T-thread.)

Assuming you have a Nikon T-thread adaptor, put the Nikon adaptor on the camera (no lens,) and screw the camera to this thread. Job done :)

Post a pic of the adaptor you have if this doesn't make sense / work

I had the same confusion about the direct connection mentioned for the 200P. Have a look at this thread as there are some pictures of what to unscrew and where the 't' adaptor connects. Someone explained it to me with even clarear pics but I can't find that thread at the moment.

Archived