Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Invite a neighbor!

toml42

My neighbour came out a couple of weeks back to see what I was doing, I think he was a bit suspicious as his teenage daughters bedroom faces into my back garden and I had my scope pointed over the top of their house looking at saturn. after a couple of mins explaining about the scope he had a look at saturn and immediately I had the standard "WOW" followed by a short silence and then another WOW and then thats pretty amazing.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think everyone should see saturn in there lifetime i feel i have to try and show as many people as i can this super object and pritty much always get how far away is that ???? lol and when i tell them there like so how can you see it through that alot of explaining but i get there in the end and feel like i have contributed to making someone happy

I can see why everyone gets a "wow" moment when they first look at Saturn and you can always get another one when you point out the 2 or 3 little dots are its moons, but my biggest "wow" moment ever will always be Jupiter and I am lomging for September to see it again.

I think my neighbour is a alien , don't wanna go there......

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Agreed,mine is a psychotic Glaswegian with more facial hair than Billy Connolly...... and her husband is no better.......:)

What an enlightening thread :-) Definately lots of 'feel-good' factors in here.

Also, I heard it mentioned on here somewhere that a friend/neighbour didn't understand light pollution, because surely bright lights would makes things easier to see!

Reminds me of someone who thought they had to use a flash in order to take a picture of the moon.

So I bought her a blind to put up and said 'can you leave it shut at night, so I can see what I'm doing in the garden'.

Very nicely thought out and executed. You should be a diplomat in international affairs.

I put up a DIY blackout blind to block out the neighbour's lights to the rear of my garden. He came out and enquired why I was putting it up the first time. I told him why, and everytime I put it up he sometimes turns the light off for me.

Archived