Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Binoculars from the Market

I have just got back from a week-long stay in Dorset. While wandering round the Market in Bridport, I saw some Bresser bresser bak-4 (10x50) binoculars, which I picked up for £25, not bad!

The sky was unbelievable down there, it really makes me realise how much LP I have at home. So I popped out that same night; was only out there for an hour or so but managed to observe great views of M13, M92 and the Double Cluster. :) Happy with my purchase, they have really good eye relief and the views are nice and bright. Will give me something better than naked eye observing to do while imaging :icon_eek:

On the down side, enjoying those skies makes me really want to move house!

Prehaps it's the being outdoors part...? ! :)

You've hit the nail on the head there. I know he'll like astronomy. I'm just not sure whether he'll enjoy standing in a cold field for hours on end, which is why I told him to get some cheap bins first.

I'd let him have a look through my bins and scope but he doesn't live near me and it'll cost us more in petrol to visit each other than these bins cost.

Archived