Narrowband

Stinking weather

tom33pr

Its shocking in the NW also and has been for 3 weeks, I've only been able to get my new scope out twice, once for 1 hour and the second time for 2 hours, its really depressing now. :)

In Fact I have resorted to looking out the window for patches in the clouds and using my scope indoors looking at random stars through them. :icon_eek:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you guys kidding me?

WEEKS of bad seeing?

Here in Eastern Canada, We have'nt had two days in a row of clear skies...for eight (8) MONTHS!!!!

Ten months ago, when I bought my first scope, it was heaven! Jupiter in all it's glory every night, with Uranus, Venus, Andromeda and Orion for a few (early) mornings!Since then, I've spent $8,000 on all matter of scopes, mounts, cameras and sundry equipment. And what do I get?

Cr*p!

Everyone told me "Oh you're so lucky owning a telescope, in winter the sky is so "crisp and clear"....

Crisp as soggy toast, and clear as a politician's press conference.

Sorry friends.

when I read your post about your bad weather lasting "weeks", I just had to vent.

(The guys at the astronomy shop in town are about to sell rope...).

Enjoy.

And please please please wish us clear skies!

Postscript:

Being a newbie, I did'nt realize it was (of course) all my fault!

Spending all that money.

How ignorant of me.

Next time I want to upgrade, I'll do it in another town!

cheers.

Here in Eastern Canada, We have'nt had two days in a row of clear skies...for eight (8) MONTHS!!!!

..you serious??? For some sick, twisted reason your post has made me feel way better!!!

Sorry :)

Archived