Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

1st with 383L+ / NGC 6888 in HA

Deneb

Hi

Last night was my 1st light with the Atik 383L+, being gusty & the scope being slightly out of balance, not really ideal me thinks ! Taken with a 120ED @ f/7.5 & using 1.25" Filterwheel, 5x 10mins Lights, 4x Darks & No Flats.

Brainv2_1200x768_120ED.jpg

Nadeem.

Any chance you could post an image of how its all setup please?

I almost have my 1.25" set of filters, but was under the impression that the 383 did not work well with them...

I'll post it up later, but theirs nothing different, I've just screwed the cameras nosepiece into the rear of the filterwheel & as usual used a 50mm ext. tube to achieve focus. I have not used any spacers or anything.

The only thing different is that I maybe using a slower scope then something like an f/5.

Nadeem.

Great crescent Nadeem, youve also picked up lots of the surrounding Ha too. A very popular target at the moment it seems :)

Earl, I think the 383 might just be ok(ish) with 1.25" filters if the FW is as close to the camera as it can be. I remember this being discussed here:

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/101717-those-thinking-upgrading-285-a.html#post1415022

2" filters though... bad for your wallet :(

Good result and nice stars to the edge despite no flattener. Interesting about the filters. Yes, maybe the elongated light cone of F7.5 does help you get away with it.

Worth remembering that you can now get a wallet protecting intermediate sized filter set for this chip.

Olly

Good result and nice stars to the edge despite no flattener. Interesting about the filters. Yes, maybe the elongated light cone of F7.5 does help you get away with it.

Worth remembering that you can now get a wallet protecting intermediate sized filter set for this chip.

Olly

Well according to Atik you should be fine even down to f/5. Time will tell...

Nadeem.

Archived