Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Experimental Daylight Moon

jgs001

I tried an experiment this evening... I added my set of ebay macro tubes between the camera and the TC...

C80ED - 2xTC - Macro Tubes (about 70mm) - 450d... all on a camera tripod.. one shot, no cropping...

5809742388_d01b06a56f_b.jpg

Evening Moon

It took some messing to get the angle right to fit even this thing slice in the FOV :)

Very nice John - I was watching the moon whilst walking the dog this evening, and had a feeling that there might be an image from you about...! I wish I knew how you did that - The moon looks beautiful with a blue background...

Hi John, I also like taking pics of the moon in daylight. I use my phone camera, 5mp, and have some pretty good pics, they aren't as good quality as yours though. They make really good wallpapers on my desktop.

Thanks All

Very nice John - I was watching the moon whilst walking the dog this evening, and had a feeling that there might be an image from you about...! I wish I knew how you did that - The moon looks beautiful with a blue background...

Andy, it's quite easy... comparatively :)... Wait till the sky begins to darken down just a bit (make sure it still looks blue to the eye though), that increases the contrast between the moon and the sky. Use your matrix/evaluative metering to expose the entire scene, job done. This was ISO200, 1/30sec, f/15 (and whatever the macro tubes do to it). You need to get the focal length up though, I'd guess your Skymax would be the instrument of choice, you wouldn't need any magnifiers.

I was just about to setup to take some snap, only to realize that all the timber n stuffs for my obsy just happens to be blocking in my tripod and mount.

Bright Spark me eh !!

nice shot !!!

Archived