SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M20 trifid nebula

carastro

I went to an Astro camp near Brighton which had a nice low southern horizon. I managed to get M20 but due to unco-operative guiding only managed 2minutes guided subs.

10 x 2mins 800 ISO Guided

Modified Canon 450D no filters

WO Megrez 72 APO

Guided with PHD and QHY5

Carole

post-18809-133877614357_thumb.jpg

Lovely reflection blue you got, here in Brisbane its overhead like the Eagle and Lagoon and Milkyway is quite a sight. Getting it so low with these colours is impressive.

John.

Thanks every-one, judging from all the comments it appears this is quite difficult to get - trust me to go blindly into something completely oblivious. I knew being close to the horizon it would have more atmosphere to pass through, but had not realised..........

its very low down and harder to guide in that region.
so perhaps this was my problem.

It's one of my favourite nebulas so did not want to pass up the chance and I knew one of our members had gone down to the south coast and got it, so with the low horizon thought I'd give it a bash.

Carole

Archived