Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

1st Saturn with spc900

Rich N

This is my first go with a SPC900. Seeing was poor and it was still twilight, but i thought id have a go before Saturn dissapears.

Any comments on improving processing very welcome as im a total novice.

rich-n-albums-first-effort-s-picture11692-spc900-5x-powermate-6m-focal-length-seeing-3-10-best.jpg

Wow, great first image.

I had my first go with the same scope and camera as you this past weekend too.

Did you use your 5x barlow for that image? I was thinking of getting a 4 or 5x Barlow for imaging seeing as the 150P is an F5.

I used a 250pds and a 5x Powermate for this image. The powermate is a fantastic piece of kit, my other barlows cudn't produce anything close to that.

For a first shot that's amazing - you have the banding, colours, NEB storm, and Cassini. I'm sure someone will suggest ways to sharpen up - maybe more frames or lower the percentage of useable frames in Registax?. Excellent result!! :)

Thanx for the comments.

I used 90% frame quality, around 600 frames from a 4 min Avi @ 15 fps.

Is it possible to add Too many frames to the image? For instance if I use 95% frame quality and got 250 frames would that be better?

Thanx for the comments.

I used 90% frame quality, around 600 frames from a 4 min Avi @ 15 fps.

Is it possible to add Too many frames to the image? For instance if I use 95% frame quality and got 250 frames would that be better?

Hard to say:icon_scratch: Try it and see :)

Often it is self defeating as you may get a sharper image, but it will contain more noise, which means you have to back off on the wavelets:( But occasionally it works if the good frames are lots better than the rest.

Archived