Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Teleskop Service - TS 80/480 - First impression...not impressed!

I'll ring them if I get no joy, for sure.

I'm going to wait until tomorrow before making a proper judgement on them as mistakes happen and there may be a good reason for them ignoring me. Junk mail isn't one of them unless it can detect when an email address is a sale and when it's a complaint! :)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good luck with this, it's terrible when you buy top quality and it arrives not as expected.

this must surely be a case of sending out the wrong package. give them a chance to sort it but I agree that they should have told you they would not get back after the initial reply until tomorrow.

from John's recommendation it really does seem a superb scope and I know Michael in Holland loves his too.

Totally. As I mentioned they said it was a one off. See what happens tomorrow :(

Still, doesn't help me. Waiting to get back to me means I'll ship later and receive a replacement later (next week unless they ship one out tomorrow).

I've just took a quick shot of the moon (Blue Moon). Seems to be CA free but I'll do some dark ones (on stars as the moon's set) to get a better idea.

100% but cropped. Focus not perfect and through telephone lines...but, meh! :)

post-21451-133877614381_thumb.jpg

I've often had emails from them at 6:00am or 7:00am so they start work early., but also finish early by UK time. I once sent them an email at 3:30am on a Sunday morning and got a reply at 4:30am !!!

If I were you I'd be a bit cheeky and ask them to send a free flattener along with a new scope, or at least a healthy discount. :)

John

If they sent me a new scope and the free flattener kit (inc the adapter) I'd be well happy :) That's £170 worth :(

Not going to happen though. Replacing it with a LOMO would be nice :eek:

Can't squeeze any imaging in until I have the scope proper, though :(

Really sad to hear this, especially as I was one of the people who talked you into this. I did not get mine from TS, but the items I got from TS all arrived in good order. Mine also has the screw-on lens cap, but no issues with any flecks of metal. The screw thread has a good black coating. I hope yours gets sorted out quickly.

good luck with this, it's terrible when you buy top quality and it arrives not as expected.

this must surely be a case of sending out the wrong package. give them a chance to sort it but I agree that they should have told you they would not get back after the initial reply until tomorrow.

from John's recommendation it really does seem a superb scope and I know Michael in Holland loves his too.

As was mentioned in QI, the Dutch city of Groningen is not in Holland, it's in the Netherlands :( (it's a bit like saying Glasgow is in England :))

As was mentioned in QI, the Dutch city of Groningen is not in Holland, it's in the Netherlands :( (it's a bit like saying Glasgow is in England :))

:(

I remember my dad telling me this when I was a wee boy. Always been very careful, since......:eek:

Andy.

The scope looks to be in dreadful condition. You are certainly not over-reacting. It is funny that you asked if you were buying a second hand scope because two days ago a friend called in and made a point about this. I'll PM you with what he said.

Olly

I've used TS for quite a few purchases and found their service to be exemplary. Clearly, this scope is not up to scratch and you are quite within your rights to reject it. To be fair to TS, they have offered you your money back. TS did once send me the wrong thing but an email soon sorted that out and they sent me a prepaid return sticker and sent the replacement out immediately. I've always found Patrick very helpful. However, even good people have their off days.

Yeh, they offered me a refund or replacement very quickly. But left me hanging to how it would work.

I got an email this morning and rather than it being helpful to the next step it was all about defending how they finished work an hour after my reply and it was unreasonable for me to expect a reply within 24 hours!!!!!!

Do you always get answers within sixty-eight minutes of sending an e-mail? If you do, please do consider yourself lucky as you are probably the only one for whom this is so.

But when I was emailing them with question before buying the scope I got replies within 30mins each time (admittedly, I thought that was quick). But they did it repeatedly.

But now I've received this mess I'm being unreasonable expecting it to be dealt with quickly and efficiently :eek:

Ok, maybe times are tight in this instant but surely the snotty email isn't needed when a customer is very much in their right to be irritated?

Way to ignore the main issue Teleskop Service :) Clearly you're the victims in all of this :(

My time is being utterly wasted and I don't feel I'm being unreasonable at all.

Best to unruffle the feathers on either side of the argument, just sort things out with them. I know it is difficult to calm down when something like this happens, but being businesslike works best in most cases. And, no, you are not being unreasonable about getting things fixed soon.

We've just had a big argument over email that was getting worse and worse. But then a very calm and professional email came back and it has calmed the situation right down. Clearly they took a deep breath.

My back gets up very quickly when I get rude or snotty replies but equally I get calmed quickly when solid and professional replies come my way.

Kudos to the person dealing with me for changing to that way :)

Fingers crossed we'll get to the bottom of it soon. Time really is my main issue here.

generally I think you'll find that the most inexperienced person will be the most aggressive and the long time served guy will have seen it and done it and know how to deal with customers in the right way. thankfully some of us with a few grey hairs know a thing or two about relationship management and thankfully you seem to have got the latter guy now.

I hope it gets sorted soon as it's horrible when this sort of thing happens.

I bet the helpful email was from Wolfi (the boss). He's very keen on good customer service.

BTW they're getting a shipment from the manufacturer of the scope in about 10 days time, so they'll have plenty of new stock.

John

It's been the same guy all the way (not Wolfi). We both have been irritated in the communications and now it's calmed down it all feels good. We're both only human after all. :)

It looks like they are going to put a scope through the tests, check it over and send it out. Then they'll cover the pickup of this messed up one.

It would have been nice to be offered a token of appreciation as this outcome is to be expected. But I'm just happy to be getting it sorted now.

Pretty much the best I could have hoped for, post issues. The least time without a scope.

Apart from the issues in the first post it really is very decent. Clearly the issues with the one delivered is not the norm as it just would never sell.

Having a look through it (admittedly day time) showed really good colour and resolution on things like leaf edges on distant trees.

Hopefully when it arrives (lucky if this week and likely Monday - UPS times) I'll be posting the thread I initially wanted to :( Shame it doesn't have the finder shoe that some of you guys got with yours.

It's been the same guy all the way (not Wolfi). We both have been irritated in the communications and now it's calmed down it all feels good. We're both only human after all. :)

It looks like they are going to put a scope through the tests, check it over and send it out. Then they'll cover the pickup of this messed up one.

It would have been nice to be offered a token of appreciation as this outcome is to be expected. But I'm just happy to be getting it sorted now.

Pretty much the best I could have hoped for, post issues. The least time without a scope.

Apart from the issues in the first post it really is very decent. Clearly the issues with the one delivered is not the norm as it just would never sell.

Having a look through it (admittedly day time) showed really good colour and resolution on things like leaf edges on distant trees.

Hopefully when it arrives (lucky if this week and likely Monday) I'll be posting the thread I initially wanted to :( Shame it doesn't have the finder show that some of you guys got with yours.

Good to hear they are sending a new one. BTW, I don't have a finder with it. Just stick a super (or ultra) wide-angle long focal length EP in it. I have a 40mm Paragon which gives 5.67 deg true FOV. A Nagler 31T5 would yield 5.3 (at a better exit pupil). No real need for a finder then, even with the 22mm T4 at 3.76 de FOV.

Not a finder...a finder shoe :) It was a typo lol

Would never expect a finder :( I think it was john who had the shoe included.

I got that, but if you do not need a finder, why have a shoe? Unless you want to use a finder as a guider (would the shoe-mounting be stiff enough?).

If you do feel a finder, telrad, or RDF is required, the shoe would be nice

If you want a WO style finder shoe try Alan at Skys The Limit - I believe he does a RDF the same as the WO Multi Reticule one with foot & shoe for around 1/2 the price. Probably cheaper than trying to just get the foot elsewhere.

No the finder base didn't come with it. I used a WO type form Opticstar.

http://www.opticstar.com/Run/Astronomy/Astro-Accessories-Telescopes-Ascension.asp?p=0_10_5_1_1_56

Or just get a standard Synta type shoe and drill a new central mounting hole in it. BTW don't get the one from Astroboot as it's too "flat" to fit the curve of the focuser. Get one from FLO.

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/finders/finder-mounting-shoe.html

John

Archived