Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Brandon Doyle

M98 - Another Messier

Here is my recent sketch of M98 through my 10" reflector at 200X. I've been checking-off quite a few messier objects lately. This summer it's on though. I'll see what a few hours (if not a whole night) can do to M11, the wild duck cluster. I looked at it the other night under 200X and it completely filled the 0.29 degree FOV. It was spectacular! Hope to post it as soon as I get it all done!

post-24834-13387761361_thumb.jpg

That's a fantastic sketch. Certainly the most detailed view I've seen of the central area. I had a go at this one last spring in my 16". Only did it at low power. In my notes I did reckon on two brighter areas embedded within the elongated central portion of the gx, which you have captured superbly.

Lovely sketch. I will have to have a look at that one.