SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC6960: Veil Nebula in narrowband

Uranium235

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...One thing though, I wish the focuser was better on the ED80. Every time I tighten up the locking bolt the focus shifts. So if im going to get a new fraccy, one of the requirements will be that its focuser doesnt shift on locking...

I feel for you. I have the same problem with both my ED80 and my MN190. I've learned to try and account for it when I focus, but those focusers definitely need replacing eventually.

...Same as with the Crescent, it completely battered last years effort with the 1000d. Another victory for the 314L+ :)

This is very, very encouraging, since I am soon to receive my own 314. If I ever manage as fine an image as this one with my own rig, I would be very pleased.

Great job.

Thanks Rob :)

Im still waiting for some clear sky to get another hour per channel, but the weather isnt looking too clever for the near future. Im just hoping July/August isnt like last year (when we had almost 2 months of continuous cloud!).

I should use the next opportunity to take some proper calibration frames too. I must confess, I didnt use any calibration frames for this :) so it can be better if I try harder.

Just thought I'd sneak this one in :)

Its an additional 50min of data per channel which I got last weekend but ive been holding on to, so total time for each channel is now 2hrs 20min. Slightly more aggressive curves on this to bring out those wisps and bits of Ha, so the brightness and stars have changed a little - but 52cyg seems unaffected. It looks a little "softer" than the original i think, though thats probably due to the curves.

Thanks for looking! :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=61188&stc=1&d=1308385612

post-18171-133877619997_thumb.jpg

There's always room for improvement Andy :)

When people say AP can become a bit of an addiction, theyre not wrong! I found that the veil is something you can really get your teeth into with narrowband, which is something im starting to prefer over RGB, especially now the MW is coming back into view.

I think Im going to put together a "to do" list for this Autumn, im determined to be a bit more organised this time round. Looking forward to a few co-ops too :)

Archived