SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Resizing for posting

Hello

Can anyone tell me how to resize my images for posting on the appropriate section of SGL? Bearing in mind i do not have photoshop or any other software other than microsoft's image editing and the usual registax...Am bursting with pride over my first terrible pictures of the moon and saturn and want to damage your eyes with them!

Thanks

Psychobabbler

Mac or PC?

If Mac use iPhoto when the image is in your library export it to email this automatically reduces the size of the image, it is also user definable.

If you are on a PC then download Picasa from Google its similar to iPhoto and will allow you to do something similar to export for email as above.

Darren

Hi Psychobabbler,

Magician was having this very same problem the other day, heres the instructions I sent to him which sorted turning an image into a jpg:

To turn an image into a jpg, heres what you need to do: (assuming you have windows xp).

Right click on the image and click on "Edit" in the menu. This should bring up Microsoft Paint. Click on the 'File' menu and then click 'Save As', theres a little drop down box at the bottom, next to where it says "Save as Type", in here choose "JPEG" and click save.

You can then upload this new image to the forum or Isee Stars, both should work just fine.

I hope that helps, when I get chance I'll look into getting Isee Stars to accept bmp images, I remember trying before but I think there was licensing problems with bmp files which prevented it but I'll try again..

Cheers,

Grant

Right guys

Really fed up this time. I've joined i see stars and uploaded the picture i want to use. Then i try to post and on "click here to upload an image", and it refuses to take my username and password. Then i try to post directly and it tells me it can't take a jpeg, and i can't post a bmp image as it's 900K and the limit is 100K. Any ideas?

Imaging was easier than this..!

PB

Hi Psychobabbler,

You need to make sure the username/password you enter is the Isee Stars one and not your forum one. This has tripeed a few people up in the past.

Hope that helps,

Grant

Archived