Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

Adz

Best budget Canon DSLR

Hey all,

I have a 350d with many lenses. But I find it hard to get my head around the current range.

What is the cheapest model with a full frame sensor, live view (for focusing) and finally, video recording.

Thanks,

1000D is now out of production - the replacement is the 1100D - should do all you want.

Either a 1000d or the new 1100d, the latter has the added bonus of 720p video recording. :-D

not really the 7D is also crop 5D MkII

Whoops...so it is!

doh_homer_left.jpg

@Milkyjoe...... that's me on a good day...

A full frame sensor takes some filling... Premium scope territory to do it justice...

Very true, also APS sized sensors mostly need field flattened optics to do it justice.

Thanks, not much point chasing up a full frame camera on my budget then. I shall be on the look out for 1100D :)

Thanks for the link! Any idea what the spanner icon next to some models means?

I think it means "work in progress" ie they have not yet completed their searches.

Warehouseexpress without any doubts at all, I've spent 10's of thousands with them. The others I've no knowledge of

Thanks, I have just seen the 1100D only does 720p at 30fps which I know is ugly...

Lots of them on ebay, but don't overpay for one; you can grab the body only for less than £300. ;-)

I tried the first link, listed EOS 600D at 688 from Amazon, followed link through actual price £726! And an Amazon reseller. Just bought a 600D today, Jessops are now doing them for 699.99. I had one ordered from Dabs for a month, they were not able to get any stock.

Also be careful if you are buying using a credit card on the net - apparently the credit card insurance isnt valid if you buy through a third party transaction type.

As far as I am aware the cheapest full frame sensorCanon DSLR is the 5D Mark 2 - not cheap at £1600.

I have one for conventional photography and it is amazing.

The cropped sensor DSLR's are good though

I just picked up a Canon 1000d from Argos for £349 with the 18 - 55mm lens kit. Overall i'm very impressed so far. Now to save up for some motors for my mount.

Al

I tried the first link, listed EOS 600D at 688 from Amazon, followed link through actual price £726! And an Amazon reseller. Just bought a 600D today, Jessops are now doing them for 699.99. I had one ordered from Dabs for a month, they were not able to get any stock.

Also be careful if you are buying using a credit card on the net - apparently the credit card insurance isnt valid if you buy through a third party transaction type.

Hi have you taken any images with the EOS 600D, would be intrigued to see the results ... happy viewing