The day of good news

iwatkins

Had three bits of really good news today I thought I would share:

1. I work really hard in my job and especially so over the last year. My bosses seem to have actually noticed this year and have given me a good bonus for a change. A total surprise and enough for that SW 190MN I was looking at for around Xmas time. Or the new garden fence her indoors is after :)

2. Much more exciting news. After two years of looking, getting gazumped, and all manner of other pain, my sister and her partner have secured a good sized small holding and farmhouse on the north western slopes of the Brecon Beacons in Wales :) As my sister and her fella are both going to be out of the Army in the next year they will be able to live their dream of small holding. Lots of work to do yet but by winter they hope it to be habitable. Dark skies and a trout filled river on the land with fishing rights. So that'll be me sorted at the weekends, bit of fly fishing by day and astronomy by night :hello2: Seriously we are very happy for them as they have suffered so much heartache over this venture to finally be there is a huge relief.

3. We are rescuing a female Pug dog (we already have a male of similar age). found out today that she comes tomorrow. My wife is high pitched with excitement.

That's all, carry on.

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian,

Great news, nice to hear somethiing to cheer us all.

Garden fence against new scope - no contest scope wins every time. Tell her indoors you'll grow a hedge and she will have the pleasure of watching it grow :)

Tell her indoors you'll grow a hedge and she will have the pleasure of watching it grow :)

That's right: acorns, hazlenuts and conkers grow into hedges in no time :)

Great to hear the good news and do keep us updated.

J.

I've just had a tooth out, but your news has still cheered me up :)

The Brecon site should be great, my folks live near there and the skies are very good, (when it isn't raining)

Great to hear good news, well done, hope the missus gets her fence :). And for your sister, now that is something, the Beacons are great, have tramped them hail, rain and snow, I never seen the sun :), but a beautiful place to be, well done all.

Jim

2. Much more exciting news. After two years of looking, getting gazumped, and all manner of other pain, my sister and her partner have secured a good sized small holding and farmhouse on the north western slopes of the Brecon Beacons in Wales :) As my sister and her fella are both going to be out of the Army in the next year they will be able to live their dream of small holding. Lots of work to do yet but by winter they hope it to be habitable. Dark skies and a trout filled river on the land with fishing rights. So that'll be me sorted at the weekends, bit of fly fishing by day and astronomy by night :) Seriously we are very happy for them as they have suffered so much heartache over this venture to finally be there is a huge relief.

That is one of my favourite parts of the world. I lived for a number of years at the eastern end of the Beacons, just outside Crickhowell (and in fact one of my brothers moved back to the area a few years back). Much of that part of Wales is truly jaw-droppingly beautiful. I wish them well.

James

Archived