Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Quick hello from South Wales

alex_b

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gosh! You're a friendly bunch :)

I'm in the Tawe valley (between Swansea and Brecon) Moved here in 2006 and not really had chance to properly appreciate the wonderful dark skies offered by the Brecon Beacons.

Dusted the old 200mm Newtonian off recently and got hooked again.... Hooked to the point where I've just purchased a new scope (300mm Newtonian) which is a guarantee there'll be cloud for a most of the summer!

Cheers

Alex

<waves another cheery hello at everyone>

I managed a couple of hours with the 300mm last night before it got too late. WOW! The difference from the old 200mm is remarkable.

Even before it got properly dark I could see more of Saturn's moons than I'd ever seen before... and cloud detail. 'Seeing' wasn't great as nearby houses were still radiating warmth and there was a slight low level haze but... wow!

Hi Dai150PL! What part of this fine land are you in? Once I've got the scope mount sorted properly (in a month or so) you'll have to pop over and have a look.

Cheers

Alex

Archived