SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

binoviewer

coxy63

morning all, a little bit of advice required please my father recently gave me a set of binoviewer's with a pair of 10mm eyepiece's for my 8" dob unfortunately i cannot down focus enough to see an image is there anything else i need to acheive focus with these thank's mick

ciao Mick!

I think you need a path corrector to extract the focus. Baader makes them in three measures. I couldnt find them on FLO, but try asking.

A barlow should work too, if you have one try it. But a path corrector should be better, acting like a telecentric barlow (if I am not wrong).

This aiding tool compensates the back foucus needed by binos. The magnification increases by the announced factor.The effect of the glass path corrector is similar to Barlow lenses. But a glass path corrector is (unlike a Barlow) designed for the longer distance between itself and the eyepiece. A standard Barlow lens would lead to false colour because it is not intended for such distances.

Archived