Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Unboxing a William Optics Megrez 72 FD DDG Rev 2 APO w/ Lots of Pictures

Deneb

Hi

After my disappointing outcome with the TS 65mm Quadruplet I bought something to replace it. I think your sick with envy with the scopes i've recently written about so I won't bore you with anymore after this.

With a focal length of 432mm @ F/6 with its FPL-51 Glass I was quite surprised how they have revised the DDG Focuser from the videos I have seen on youtube.

P1010180.jpg

Battery is included :D

P1010181.jpg

P1010182.jpg

P1010183.jpg

The Battery compartment just above the LCD Readout

P1010185.jpg

The left hand knob featuring a Thermometer

P1010196.jpg

Nice little scope, and after the disappointment off "that scope" this is one that will actually deliver. :D

The DDG focuser is a lot different to the original M72 one. Here's a couple of pics of the older focuser for comparison.

John

Having recently unboxed one of these myself, I share your excitement - I was very impressed with the build quality of mine. As I have dual ADM saddles on my mount, I attach mine directly to the saddle using the supplied L bracket.

Having recently unboxed one of these myself, I share your excitement - I was very impressed with the build quality of mine. As I have dual ADM saddles on my mount, I attach mine directly to the saddle using the supplied L bracket.

mmm, Steve - Does your LCD backlight illuminate Red or is that just a Gimmick or not included in the '72 model ?

Nadeem.

What will the digital thingie do?

It gives you a read out of the focuser drawtube length used, can be quite useful if you want to add imaging gear & quickly focus onto objects which your working on over a period of a few nights.

Nadeem.

Hi Nadeem, the FLT98's DDG is illuminated and has three buttons, the middle one turning on the red backlight but the 72 FD has only two button so no illumination. I have found it to give very repeatable readout results though I did notice that tightening the focus lock increases the counter a little.

Archived