SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

May 27/28, 2011: first run back up top

Last night the sky suddenly cleared, so I grabbed the big binoculars and went outside. I did not get to see anything new, but did revisit a string of globular clusters.

M3 was first up, easily found star hopping from Arcturus.

M13 was next, brilliant as ever.

M5 was found simply by moving south and east from Arcturus.

M10 was next, followed by M12 to the west, and M14 eastwards.

I tried M107 but it was hidden behind trees. NGC 6366 was lost in the glare of a neighbouring star.

Still, a nice little run of globulars.

Good session.

I was also looking at M3, M13 and M92 from Amstelveen last night. The sky was clear and dark by local standards. The globs were magnificent.

I also admired M57 for a while, fighting off the shivers of incipient aperture fever.

I added M39 and M92 to my Messier list, and split the double double at 100x.

Had to turn in at 01:40 so didn't hunt down the Hercules doubles I had added to my plan.

How dark are the skies out in Groningen?

Good session.

I was also looking at M3, M13 and M92 from Amstelveen last night. The sky was clear and dark by local standards. The globs were magnificent.

I also admired M57 for a while, fighting off the shivers of incipient aperture fever.

I added M39 and M92 to my Messier list, and split the double double at 100x.

Had to turn in at 01:40 so didn't hunt down the Hercules doubles I had added to my plan.

How dark are the skies out in Groningen?

They are OK at the moment, with just the odd cloud. Yesterday I did not observe because I was working on a rebuild of a tripod. This evening might be fine. I suppose I have a lot less light pollution here in "Stad" than in Amstelveen.

Archived