Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC6888 - Crescent nebula in NB

Uranium235

Hiya,

This is my second attempt at this one, last year it was with the 1000d - this year its with the 314L+. The short nights really arent helping since its not getting astro dark until after 11pm now ;)

I missed a load of clear sky last week too due to a heavy dose of man-flu so I was desparate to get out this week, and finally managed to do so on Mon/Tue night. Still coughing my lungs out though.

Anyway, ive been quite surprised at how much Ha is hanging about in this area, and the OIII halo around NGC6888 is just about starting to show. It probably needs another couple of hours per channel to beat the noise down a bit and make the halo a little more "solid", but im quite pleased with it so far :D

NGC6888 Crescent Nebula:

6x300+6x600+4x900 (Ha_L), 6x600+4x900 (Ha_R), 6x600+4x900 (OIII G&:D

ED80, Atik 314L+, 0.85x FF/FR

Calib: Darks

Guiding hassle: Low to Moderate (a bit windy)

Thanks for looking! :p

attachment.php?attachmentid=59553&stc=1&d=1306411917

post-18171-133877609245_thumb.jpg

Cheers guys :D im on the mend now, should be back to 100% in a couple of days. Theres nothing worse than being stuck in bed when you can see stars through the window!

I'll have a go at adding some more when i get the chance, but time is running out before im forced into the summer shutdown.

Very nice image. Do you have a permanent setup?

I wish! Its more or less grab & go with my gear which means I have to tape everything up and polar align every time I go out, but ive got it down to a routine now so I can be up and guiding in 20min.

Thanks to all for the positive comments, I will post a final version when its finished - i might try some more 15 min subs (esp in OIII). Trouble is, the weather doesnt look great for this bank holiday weekend (typical!).

Oh, here is last years effort, just to illustrate the power of the Atik. Same scope, same mount, but the cameras.... not even in the same galaxy! :D

post-18171-133877609411_thumb.jpg

Archived