Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Working on a Narrowband Mosaic Project: ~20 panels per channel

A stunning piece of work and display of committment Anna - Awesome...! To be honest, I don't know how you've managed to find the time to grab so much time on it - I've only managed to get out for 3 hours in the last 5+ weeks... Still, I bet your glad that this one's now "in the can"!

(I guess it would be very silly to suggest that you may wish to take a rest now - Any idea what your next "project" will be?)

Oh - Congrats also on having 3 of your images selected for Royal Astronomy Photographer of the year 2011 - You must be WELL chuffed!!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only way I managed to find enough time was really cause I was able to leave the scope out in the garden for the past 3 months and so all I really had to do if I saw it was clear was to turn it on and plug in the RA/DEC and start imaging - else I really wouldn't have been able to finish it this year (also if I hadn't done my shortcut for the SII & OIII this would have ended up being a multi-year project).

No clue what my next project will be. I haven't really thought that far ahead - I have spent all my time processing this one and chasing around my 2 yr old :) I'll let you know once I decide.

Indeed I am - no hopes on actually winning, but considering I have been in this hobby for literally only 2 years I was beyond thrilled - and I get to go to the awards ceremony/exhibition opening, should be a fun night!

Oh, to have room for an observatory! Re: your "shortcut", I think one of those CCD/lens adapters are almost tailor-made for the 314L+ - A pity ATIK can't thrown one in for free with it...! I'm hoping to get one too (as soon as I can get to grips with PHD and "laptop" guiding...)

Anna, this is a true epic - I doubt anybody will get close to this - must be nice to have an "original" like this in your collection! It's a real credit for all of the hard work & hours you've put in. Congratulations also on your award nominations, you fully derseve to be recognized for the fantsatic work you've done.

Archived