Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Imaging setup help needed

Hi all,

I currently have a Sky-watcher mak 127 on Alt/Az goto and the good old SPC900NC webcam and am obsessed with getting improvement.

I am primarily interested in a good setup for planetary imaging so am looking to upgrade scope/mount/camera but my question would be this...

I am thinking along the lines of a Sky-watcher EQ6 pro mount with either a Celestron 9.25 or C11 but I also want to add a half decent APO or ED as I know that I will start deep sky imaging at some point, so would any of you good folk have ideas for better options. I have read my copy of 'Making every photon count' but just can't decide on the right kit to go for. I would also appreciate any good ideas regarding a replacement camera.

I am realistically looking at a budget of 2-4k if possible, so is the idea of this set-up practical bearing in mind I am a little limited on space indoors (which is why I want to avoid a Newtonian reflector if possible). I am open to all suggestions provided they are not abusive...:)

Thanks in advance

Tony

I'd be inclined to go for the C9.25 since it is as near as dammit equivalent to the bigger one on planetary imaging according to Damian Peach's website. A small fast apo will serve you well on DS. You'll need a guidescope for that, remember.

Olly

Sorry to jump on the thread but with an EQ6 would mounting say an ED80 on the C9.25, using the 925 as the guide scope, be a good option? Weight wise it looks ok and would this not give you a great planetary/deepsky/visual set up?

It seems to cover all the bases but there must be a down side or everyone would be doing it!

Archived