SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Saturn in difficult conditions

While my relatives were playing cards on my deck, I put my scope on Saturn, and in spite of the deck lighting and the fact that my skies are *****, I was able to pull in Saturn and get my family away from the gin rummy to take a look at Saturn and Titan. I had noticed a greyish spot when I used averted vision, and was able to confirm that it was Rhea, and able to show my 8-year-old great niece both of the moons. Wasn't able to see either Tethys or Dion, but with a 6" scope in bad transparency, I got the best I could.

I was also able to get my neighbour to come over for a look, after the family had gone to bed. This is a good way to meet a neighbour, as I hadn't realized that he had replaced my previous neighbour. I have to move to somewhere you can see stars at night.

Well done, Warthog!

Saturn is such a crowd pleaser! You did very well to bag two moons in poor transparency - hunting Saturn's moons is one of my favorite activities.

I've attached my Saturn Observer's log sheet if you are interested - with this and Stellarium, I have a great time perusing Saturn and checking my results later!

Dan

Saturn Observer's Log.pdf

Archived