Good HA targets

Hi guys, I have just acquired a Ha 12nm clip filter for my modded Canon 1000d camera. I image with my Orion ED80 and was wondering what are good targets at the moment that would benefit from this filter and taking into account my scope.

From my site South and West are the best parts of the sky, North is not too bad but that is aiming right towards town centre and does suffer from LP. I can't see directly east unfortunately.

I know that HA targets require longer exposures so would be looking at 15-30 minute subs......unless I am advised accordingly.:) I am at 53 degrees latitude.

Any pointers would be gratefully accepted.:p

Many thanks

I asked the same question last week - Link to thread in post #4 - My bad tech skills!!

Look forward to seeing your images, I've yet to get a clear night to try out my Ha filter, but I did put it in the camera last night!!

Excellent, although I did do a search before I posted and didn't come up with anything.:p

Thanks for the link Sara, perhaps a Mod would be kind enough to close/delete this thread so the topic can be concentrated in one place??

:)

North is not too bad but that is aiming right towards town centre and does suffer from LP. I can't see directly east unfortunately.

Dont worry about the LP...Ha filter will cut it out. I'm imaging North - over the town at the moment in Ha, doesnt bother me a bit (nore does the moon).

Loads of Ha targets around Cygnus area

Shorten the house! Inspiring image from Peter.

Olly

Haha, I need to buy a bungalow!

All of Peters (and yours Olly) images are inspiring.

Looks like clear skies later tonight but it's blowing a gale here so fingers crossed that the forecast is correct for clear skies and just a light breeze tomorrow night.

Archived