sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Success! :-)

Wow!

To my amazement, I received a call this morning from my local council's street lighting divison to say they have installed a new lantern!!! :)

It's only taken them 7 months to get back to me, lol

:p

Nice one, I wonder if I would even get a letter back over here :z... This gives me inspiration to write a letter to the council here for flooding out skies with tons of lighting, only need a few shades would make a hell of a difference :) Congratulations again a win for Astronomy :p

Indeed. I am at work at the moment, but will take a look at this new 'lantern' when I get home, just hope it does exist and it will help to reduce some lp; shame they can't replace all of the lights in my area, but that would cost them a fortune..., saying that though, that's what we pay our council tax for I guess!! lol

I filled in an on-line form on my council's website, but to be honest, I had completely forgotten about it and given up hope as I never heard back from them, which I was quite surprised to got a phone call this morning!! :-o

Rick.

Edited by milkyjoe
Made a typo, doh! lol

Indeed. I am at work at the moment, but will take a look at this new 'lantern' when I get home, just hope it does exist and it will help to reduce some lp; shame they can't replace all of the lights in my area, but that would cost them a fortune..., saying that though, that's what we pay our council tax for I guess!! lol

I filled in an on-line form on my council's website, but to be honest, I had completely forgotten about it and given up hope as I never heard back from them, which I was quite surprised to got a phone call this morning!! :-o

Rick.

I'm really pleased for you! The thing is the new lanterns may cost more but the reduction in power used or needed to power it would eventually pay it off, and just imagine all these government cuts, I'm sure we could save a absolute fortune if they sorted them all out :p Will be sending mine a message as some lights down from the junction from mine have no shades at all and light up all the back gardens in my block. Just curious to know how did you go about submitting a letter to them? I found a template awhile ago, written specifically in accordance with efficient lighting, I think its worth a try like you say :D