1564402927_Comet2021Banner.jpg.a8d9e102cd65f969b635e8061096d211.jpg

My First Saturn Image...

mstaines

Spent 2 hours the other night (10pm til Midnight) trying to capture my first image of Saturn... I am using a Celestron Astromaster 90AZ, plus a Philips Toucan Pro (With adaptor and pale blue filter)...

I had to produce the image from an avi then use Registax. However I struggled to keep the image central on the screen, hence the poor image... BUT, its my first attempt and I'm chuffed with it...

Saturn2-20052011.jpg

I am going to have another go using a 3x Barlow (Thats all I have), but struggled to even get an image on the screen, let alone capture it...

I use the RegiStax program myself but believe I am in need of collimation. Correction,... I KNOW I am in need of collimation so am waiting for my hotech collimator to arrive in the mail. I'll give Saturn another try!

Once again, yours looks great!

Isabelle

Hotech is the brand name, a collimator is a laser device that is put into the eyepiece of your telescope (when you are not using it) to help you correctly align the mirrors as this will help your telescope perform at its best.

Nice picture by the way, you are off to a good start.:)

Old fruit beat me to it. Hotech is supposed to be the best when it comes to laser collimators since they are not in need of collimation themselves. But then again, with me any help with collimation is a good help!

Isabelle

We all need help with these things.:)