Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

28mm Nirvana eyepiece with 2" star diagonal on a 6se

Hi all,

Recently bought myself a 17mm skywatcher Nirvana and an 8mm hyperion, but feel I really need to improve my low power range.

I want to go for the the 28mm Skywatcher Nirvana which also requires me buy a 2" star diagonal. Is this a worth while investment? Any other alternatives?

I am concerned that the scope will restrict the FOV?

Yes, you will find that some wide-field or long focal length EPs will have their FOV restricted by choke points in the 'scopes optical path.

But, you'll only find this vignetting happening in the wider/longer fL end of the spectrum.

From personal experience :- the TV 55mm Plössl (aFOV 50º) vignettes in the Skymax 180 Pro, but neither the Revelation 42mm SV (aFOV 65º), nor the Meade QX 30mm (aFOV 70º) do.

OK, it's not a direct comparison with the 6se, but it gives you an idea.

HTH :)

The 24mm Hyperion would give 1.09 deg FOV, compared to the 0.92 deg FOV of the 17mm Nirvana. By contrast, the 28mm Nirvana would yield 1.51 deg. I get 1.4 deg FOV out of my C8, but I guess the C6 would show vignetting. How bad it will be I do not know. Maybe you can test it when visiting a supplier?

Archived