Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

t ring adapter help.

chemtom24

Ive got a 400d, a 150p and a t ring adapter thing, this to be precise.. # Canon EOS 400D to T2 Lens Mount Adapter on eBay (end time 24-May-11 14:19:30 BST)

however, not actually having the equipment before i purchased it, I didnt realise how exactly it would fit to the telescope.

Do I need another connector to connect to the t ring, which then slots into the focusser on the scope?

:)

thanks for any help

tom

yes i think you need an adaptor to mount to telescope have a look on flo website they have these things

good afternoon i have a canon 350d with t ring and 1.25 extention tube.

A T-Adapter allows you to attach your 35mm SLR camera to the prime focus of your telescope or spotting scope. This arrangement is used for terrestrial photography and short exposure lunar and planetary photography. It can also be used for long exposure deep-sky photography when using a separate guidescope.

Both a T-Adapter and T-Ring are required to mount a 35mm SLR camera to your instrument.

hope this also helps.

thankyou tony, where i went wrong was thinking you only needed a t ring because i thought t ring / t adaptor where the same thing. so i think it goes in this order then - dslr-->t ring-->t adaptor-->occuser. and thepiece im missing is the t adaptor.

great, another 20 quid to spend. lo. sorry to go ff topic (i think il be limiited to 1.25" no anyway since i have the 1.25 t ring) but my foccuser supports 2" and 1.25". sooo, does it make a difference what size i use with a dslr?

You can get both a 2" to T thread nosepiece adaptor as well as a 1.25" to T thread nosepiece adaptor - I think you'll find the 1.25" more useable.

(BTW you can even get - for maximum aperture a 2" direct to EOS fitting!)

For completeness: The camera adaptor is actually a "T2 to EOS" adaptor - it has two sections (hence the T2) the inner section with the T thread is held into the outer body with three small grub screws.

im afraid i dont know what eos means :'( and i am also at my sisters so i hvnt got the scope to hand to try it. Tho i have just remembered that ant is sending me an attachment for the dslr. Perhaps this is the part i need.

Argh im so lost in this world lol. thanks for all your replies :)

thankyou tony, where i went wrong was thinking you only needed a t ring because i thought t ring / t adaptor where the same thing. so i think it goes in this order then - dslr-->t ring-->t adaptor-->occuser. and thepiece im missing is the t adaptor.

great, another 20 quid to spend. lo. sorry to go ff topic (i think il be limiited to 1.25" no anyway since i have the 1.25 t ring) but my foccuser supports 2" and 1.25". sooo, does it make a difference what size i use with a dslr?

sorry no idea on that one have seen some were one that fits both but dont take my word for it have a look on this forum some great advice and help to be found.

Archived