Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Met office report

Adamski

The met office predict clear skies and very good visibility tonight. I haven't used my scope for quite a while now so it will be strange. Hope everyone else is fortunate enough to enjoy the warmer nights.:eek:

When I got up this morning the sun was out and the sky was clear. All in all a beautiful day. I went out to feed the animals with a spring in my step and gladness in my heart. An hour later it was so overcast that you couldn't even tell where the sun was :eek:

Clear skies forecast for here this evening though, so I'm hoping that comes good. I've not been out for ten days thanks to cloud cover.

This is turning into a very strange year weather-wise. Winter dragged on for ages and then everything went crazy during April with so much sun. Other local beekeepers are talking about the oilseed rape being two weeks early this year and it certainly caught me unprepared. Compared with April, May has been very cold, overcast and windy. Still very little rain, though. Almost none in fact, with the exception of a couple of very heavy showers a few weeks back. I shouldn't be surprised if there are water restrictions later in the not too distant future if this continues.

James

Archived