Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Coma correctors

Hi,

I'm hoping to get a dslr over the summer and have a go at some deep sky astrophotography. I'm thinking with my scope a coma corrector might be necessary.

Has anyone got any experience on using a coma corrector with a 200p, is it required kit if i want to get into deepsky? And would i notice much visual improvement if i left it on when not imaging?

Also, is there a significant difference between the specific brands, i know skywatcher do their own one, might this be more 'optimized' for the specific aberrations in a 200p?

Cheers,

Tom

Question was asked a couple of weeks ago, see this thread.

Not much info on the SW correctors but I think the Baader MPCC's are popular, there is 2 versions available one version for astrophotography and a visual version. Looks like the SW comes with the necessary adapters for visual as well according to FLO.

Still needed for the models that use the single speed crayford (all the dobs and non-DS Explorers). But strangely in the USA all Skywatcher dobs have moved across to the dual speed crayford. So for some reason we are getting a rough deal from Optical Vision.

Archived