Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My visit to the Kennedy Space Center

stolenfeather

Superb video, Isabelle!!!

Thank you for the work involved in sharing it with us.

Now you need to visit the NASA center in Houston. You can visit the original flight command center as well as many wonderful tours and programs.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was actually thinking the same thing rabbithutch! I've always wanted to visit Texas for its extremely interesting history and for its NASA center! I'm happy you liked the video, I tried to make it true to what I had experienced.

Isabelle

Thank you Rowan! After seeing all the marvelous pictures that I could NEVER duplicate on this forum, I decided to express myself with video. In the end, I don't believe that I could have created a picture of what was seen with words alone. The unbelievable size of it all can only be seen through pictures!

Isabelle

Brilliant video Isabelle!

We went in 2008 and I agree with you, Saturn V was the highlight for me also.

I walked into that hangar and just stopped inside the door! I was in total awe, lol.

I could quite happily have forgone Disney after the first couple of days and spent the rest of the time at KSC!

I didn't do Disney Brent when I was in Florida and to my surprise, many people criticized me for it! To them, "a person didn't go to Florida WITHOUT spending time at Disney's". I was interested in the nature that surrounded Florida and of course the KSC! It was definitely one of my greatest highlights of the trip. The greatest highlight? Well,.. it was swimming with the manatees and going on a wind boat in a remote river looking for alligators. However, Cape Canaveral was a very close second! I couldn't believe the grandeur of it all!

Thanks Madhatter!

Isabelle

Have a great time next week Rob! I just came back and wish I could go with you! I'm happy that you enjoyed the video.

Isabelle

Thank you.. and very welcome you would be to come with me :). Its one of my most favourite places in the world to visit. Cant wait

Rob

Isabelle, the 3D BluRay is available to buy in Canada and the States, it came out last month.

Link here only $70

Unfortunately back in the UK we can only buy the normal DVD here but it's probably the best £13 you will ever spend. Has to be played on a Region 1 DVD player but they are 10 a penny nowadays.

hey Isabelle

great post

Ive been to Kennedy 3 times now over the years and never fails to impress

Took my kids last time (2009) when they were 7 and 9 and they thought it was brilliant

The Saturn V display is breathtaking especially now thieve moved it indoors with all the other info around it

Was lucky enough to see the shuttle on the pad the first 2 times i went (mid 90s)

want to go back again as soon as poss

Great video and pics Isabelle! :p

Hope you both had a great time.

A close friend is getting married at the end of June and is going to Florida for his honeymoon, if he and is wife are lucky and the Final Coundown goes to plan they will witness the last launch of the space shuttle :)

Clear Skies :p

Hey Isabelle,

really happy for you getting down to KSC! I went once when I was a kid 20 years ago and agree with you - the Saturn V exhibiton is simply staggering, even if it was in the Rocket Garden then.

Superb video - well down with some great editing there... far better than anything I've managed to do!

How are things with you, btw? Hope you are feeling better than a couple of months ago.

J.

Thanks Alan! I hope your friend is able to go at the end of June and that the launch is not delayed. The nature is remarkable there and I hope they take the time to visit Cape Canaveral, I hear they have a nice beach there that is not crowded.

Thanks J! The timing of the video was quite difficult but I'm proud of the overall result. I use the "PowerDirector" program to edit my videos. However, a strong computer is needed. The program itself isn't hard to manipulate and can be easily learned by trial and error. For myself,.. make that many errors. :)

My MS relapse is now a memory. Both my eye and numbness in my arm have gone. I made it through another one and now rejoice everyday where health shines my way. Thank you very much for your concern. :p

Isabelle

Isabelle

Many thanks for sharing your great video. I was there with family 2 years ago and your movie brought it all back. I hope to go again someday!

Adrian

i went about 10 years ago, brilliant then and im sure its even better now. as usual my timing was 'spot on':rolleyes: my visit was the day before they were going to start to move the shuttle to the launch pad, i would have gone the next day but we were off to universal studios and already had our tickets, gutted.

Archived