1564402927_Comet2021Banner.jpg.a8d9e102cd65f969b635e8061096d211.jpg

My visit to the Kennedy Space Center

stolenfeather

There are so many wonderful people that share on this forum that I doubt that my presence was missed but this being said,.. I LOVE making an entry!

My husband and I were gone to Florida for a well earned vacation for two weeks. As many of you know, we planned to experience the "Ultimate" tour of the Kennedy Space Center. I COULD simply tell you about it but I would much rather show you this video of our journey. I have been experimenting with video editing for about two years now and hope that I have captured the grandeur of this center!

Click

to view.

I will post pictures soon (promise)

Isabelle

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well good video, saves me a fortune now i don't need to go.I love the saturn v, they are immense. Got some video to share when i manage to upload it, Roger waters performing "The Wall" live 2 nights ago in London.

Very Nice video. We visit central Florida quite often and, naturally, KSC is my favorite place for a visit. We have not done the full tour for a couple of years now so when we are there in July I think it's time to re-visit the Saturn 5.

The nature reserves around the centre are wonderful to explore as well and the nearby Playalinda beach is a fun place for a spot of beach fishing - Lesser Hammerhead Sharks being on of the potential catches !.

All in all, my favourite part of Florida - thanks for posting the video :eek:

Edited by John

Wonderful video Isabelle. I love the graphics and the way you have edited and spliced together each section with animated effects.

I went to Kennedy Space Centre about 20 years ago and would have seen a shuttle launch except it got cancelled at the last minute. Of course there has been a lot of progress since then and more added.

Have they still got the amazing IMAX film where you feel like you're up in space?

Carole

I went last year and there were 2 IMAX cinemas showing movies. My favourite has got to be the IMAX Hubble which was absolutely amazing. It's available on DVD & in 3D but I've not seen it for sale in the UK. IMDB link here

Mind you it hasn't stopped me from 'acquiring' a copy in mkv format :eek:

Edited by Spikey

There were indeed two IMAX movies playing when I was there. I was able to see the HUBBLE one which actually brought me to tears at one point. The nature out there is simply astounding and there were times that I actually believed that I was dreaming all of it.

Saturn V was the best part of the tour. The size of everything was quite intimidating.

Thank you so much for your encouraging comments concerning my video. I really wanted to capture the excitement, awe and utter respect I have for the area!

Adam, I have seen the video you speak of with Roger Waters but am looking forward to seeing yours!

Isabelle

Isabelle I know exactly what you mean, it's one of the most amazing films I have ever seen and I felt priveleged to be watching it at that particular location. The trailer for the Hubble IMAX is on Youtube at 1080p and well worth a look here

Thanks for the link Spikey.

I hope you can Bren and you HAVE to take your time. There is so much to see. I must admit that when I left, I was afraid that I would sneeze and lose all the information I had gained but no,.. It just stays with you which is why I HAD to make this video and share it.

Isabelle

Hi Isabelle,

Welcome back to SGL, you have been missed and I've been waiting for a report on your visit. You did better than give us all a report with a few

pics, your video was well worth waiting for, I really enjoyed it, BRILLIANT.

Apart from the great images it struck me that there were not many visitors when you visited.

Thanks very much for sharing what was obviously a great trip.

Isabelle,

Thank you so much for this - I did ask whether you would tell us all about it, and this was more than I asked for!

What an excellent documentary of your experiences! I cannot afford to go, so this was a real treat!

(Sometimes I wonder if I am living on the wrong side of the Atlantic...)

Thanks everyone! They say that a picture is worth 1000 words so I thought,.. Why not a video that captures everything "that is" and yes, the KSC was "all that" and more! I really hope you can all visit this region and specifically this place one day (or revisit it soon) since it granted my husband and I many memorable moments!

Thank you for all the compliments. Maybe I should think of making short videos of my viewing moments with my telescope. Viewing? I'm waiting for the weekend since night time falls much later now and I have classes to teach the next day.

Isabelle

Great video Isabelle :eek:

I don't know whether you remember me or saying anything, but I was going to see the final launch this June. Alas I cannot go now but thanks so much for putting this together - great soundtrack too!

I have seen the hubble 3D in the IMAX at London and thought it was absolutely jaw droppingly awesome!

I guess I will have to settle for visiting KSC sometime in the future when a normal rocket is going up.

All the best, thanks again

Yes Adam, I do remember saying that you were going in June and I'm sorry that you will not be able to make it. "The Final Countdown" has always been on of my favourite songs and it simply seemed "so appropriate" for this video. The HUBBLE 3D IMAX is THE movie to watch for all of us here on this forum and I am eagerly waiting for the moment we can purchase this gem for our own personal viewing. My husband and I have acquired a 3D plasma TV / receiver and glasses and watching this movie in the comforts of home will be amazing (to say the least).

Visiting the KSC at any point in time is a moment to remember so full speed ahead!

Isabelle