SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Which One?

I am about to buy a second scope specifically for lunar and planetary observing. I have narrowed it down to 3 but like to get some thoughts of more experienced members on here. The candidate's are

Evostar 120 on EQ5

Skymax 127

Explorer 150PL on EQ5

I already have a dob which i use mainly for dso's. Basically i want to know which of the above will show the most detail.

Dom

I'd narrow it down to the 127 Mak or the 150PL. The 127 is great on lunar or planetary and very compact and portable. The 150PL though has that bit more aperture which will give you better resolution and hence slightly more detail.

John

In this case the larger aperture of the reflector would show the most detail. I have heard nothing but good things about the 127 Mak though and as already stated it would be the more portable. I'd have the 150pl if i had to make the choice, plus its the cheapest!

Archived