SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M81 & M82 - Amazing what a quick 10mins captures!

astroimpulse

Just a quick 2 x 5min exposures @ 800 ISO and this popped out ;)

Planning on a few hours on this so very optimistic :eek: Will a few hours be enough?

*Please note...I'm only showing this because I'm amazed at what I can see for only 10mins. I know it's silly ;)

post-21451-133877606198_thumb.jpg

Every end of session I take 10-20 test mins of a subject I fancy doing when finished with the current project.

It blows my mind when I see detail in things on tests. NGC7000 and 7023 blew my mind on just 20 mins. :eek:

This astrophotography lark is so exciting! I know I'm not alone in thinking that ;)

Nope your right my first proper dso pic was m51 and when I took the first pic and could see the shape on the camera screen I was stupidly excited pic didnt even come out all that well but didnt care one bit

so I know that feeling

Since taking that test I have nailed my guiding so the proper one will have nice round stars and I'll also be able to properly process it (tweaked image just then to flatten it a bit).

Just need those skies to clear out :eek:

On these two, how long is a piece of string? Because the IFN is in there you can keep on collecting photons ad infinitum and never stop gaining. I called it a day (for this year at least!) after 19 hours.

Given the strong signal you're getting you should thrive on this one. Processing the cores is tricky. I used separate stretches of the same data for faint stuff, mid-range stuff like the spiral arms, and cores. These I just layered together.

Olly

Good job using just 2*5min subs! These modded dslr seem to give a lot of bang for the buck.

I've imaged this target two times... first time, I ended up with 2*30s iso3200 shots intended for framing the target, before clouds rolled in.

Link to photo

2nd time, I had it framed & ready, started shooting 5min subs at iso1600, but only got 1 frame before clouds ruined the rest of the night. Result as follows, a single 5min sub:

5264153667_4878d7f3fe_b.jpg

2 nighs over a year on this target, total of 6 minutes... :eek:

Did you get more than these 2*5min subs?

They're cracking :eek:

These two seem to give a lot out for very little time ;)

I've not been out for a week or two and even then it was too misty. Has been since the end of last month.

Sold my guide scope too so I'm out of commission until I get the proper 80 I'm after ;)

Durrhhh! Of course...you posted that here and it blew me away! How could I have forgotten! *slaps forehead*

That's the fella that makes you feel you can reach in and touch.

Outstanding image *looks for worship smile* :eek:

Nice test image Sy, wish I could get some good tests like that.

Have you considered visiting the Durham Astro Club yet, went last month, going again tomorrow night. Do you know if Sunderland is doing another at Derwent soon?

Not yet. I do plan on joining them too as I've already joined SAS. It's been cracking meeting up with people.

I don't think there's anything planned for Derwent until the Starbeque in August time...IIRC.

I'm always up for an all-nighter though :eek:

I went to derwent not last time but time before, just took my mount to learn to polar align, some serious setup you had

Tomorrows meet has a talk from a guy who carried his 10" dob up snowdon

I've got decent kit but it looks fancier than it is because I have everything all neat in flight cases. ;)

The majority of people turn up with far more expensive and capable gear ;)

10" dob up Snowdon! I could barely haul my 32" waist up there!!!!! :eek:

Archived